UMCOR Health KitsIn this season of Thanksgiving, let us continue to remember and help those who have suffered over this past year including the earthquake in Japan, the spring storms in the South, and the flooding along the Mississippi. Many of you might be asking: What can I do to help?
Join Westwood's Mission Team and come see the Holy Spirit alive and in action for an UMCOR Health Kit Build during our Thanksgiving luncheon on November 20th. By replenishing the depleted stores of health kits from the UMCOR depot, we are supporting the current needs as well as preparing for future needs.
- Donate online!
- Make a pledge by November 16th to donate funds for the kit contents.
- Come to the Health Kit Build on November 20th. Items needed for the kits are:
- Hand towels (15” by 25” up to 17” by 27”) Note: cleaning and microfiber towels not acceptable
- Combs (large and sturdy, not pocket)
- Metal nail files (no emery boards)
- Fingernail clippers (no toenail clippers)
- Bars of soap (bath sized, 3 oz. or more)
- Toothbrushes (single only, individually wrapped)
- Bandages (adhesive plastic strip/sterile, such as Band-Aids)
- Donate for the shipping and handling of the kits. We send UMCOR $2 with every kit we make for handling. Shipping is approximately $1 per kit.
- Donate to UMCOR directly. As always, donations to UMCOR can be directed to a specific disaster such as the Japan Earthquake, the Storms in Alabama or the Floods in the Mississipi and 100% of your donation will go toward the specific relief efforts. A direct link to UMCOR’s donation page for the Spring Storms relief is available on Westwood UMC’s Web site.
- Pray for the millions of survivors, of all of the disasters, in all the areas that UMCOR serves.